Bellerose Village Bulletin Board
Monday to Friday - 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Village Election Legal Notice
The following offices will be vacant at the end of the current official year and will be filled at the General Village Election to be held on March 16, 2021 for the following terms:
Mayor - Term two (2) year Trustee - Term two (2) years Trustee - Term two (2) years
Independent Nominating Petitions have been filed with the Village Clerk:
Village Green Party:
Mayor: Kenneth Moore Trustee: Joseph Juliano Trustee: Dan Driscoll
Trustee: George Morfessis
INC. VILLAGE OF BELLEROSE
Charles P. Puglisi
Village Clerk/Treasurer/Commissioner of Elections
Village Clerk/Treasurer/Commissioner of Elections
Dated: February 16, 2021
If you have questions about the upcoming election, please visit our <<F.A.Q.>>
If you would like to apply for an absentee ballot, you may download the absentee ballot application form <<here>>.
Recreation Committee Update
Please visit the Village Recreation Commission's Special Events Notice
for information about upcoming events.
Tax Assessment Roll
To download the 2021-2022 tentative assessment roll click <<here>>.
Justice Court Adjourned
By order of the Office of Court Administration in-person Court sessions have been suspended. Please call 516-358-2962 for instructions on remotely conferencing parking and moving violations.
Mailing List Update
Please register <<here>> to be added to the Village's e-mail list.
Village Playground Closed
The Village playground is closed for the season.
Recreation Committee Events
Visit the Recreation Commission's Upcoming Events Tab
for Details and Registration Information.
Pay Parking Tickets Online
Click on the Justice Court link on the navigation menu.
Board of Trustee Minutes
The Minutes of recent monthly meetings are available <<here>>.
Archived Minutes can be read or downloaded on the links below:
Residential Parking Regulations
Parking is prohibited in the Residential District:
- From 10:00 AM to Noon and
from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- From 2:00 AM until 6:00 AM seven days a week.
Metered Parking Regulations
Muni-Meter Parking is in effect in Magee Plaza (LIRR Station) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Metered Parking is in effect in the Commercial District (Jericho Turnpike and adjacent side streets) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Trash collection is done on Tuesdays and Fridays. Trash receptacles are to be kept at the rear of your home.
Bulk matter is collected on Tuesdays. We ask that you call Village Hall (516-354-1000) at least one day before a bulk collection and request to be added to the bulk pickup list. You will be asked for a general idea of the items you will be putting out for pickup. These items should be placed close to your regular trash.
Recyclables are collected on Fridays.
PSEGLI OUTAGE INFORMATION
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI(773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything contacting the wire. To report a downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 1-800-490-0075
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency
- Visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Home/Safety to learn about safety tips from Sesame Street, YouTube safety videos and more.
LIRR Station Repairs
From the LIRR:
The Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) strives to be a good neighbor by keeping you informed of improvements that promote safety and reliability. This weekend we will be taking advantage of a Mainline outage due to signal and track work at Hicksville Station to perform concrete tie installation from just west of Bellerose Station to just west of New Hyde Park Station. Please see the below for more details.
Concrete Tie Installation
- This weekend in the early morning hours of Saturday November 14th until approximately midnight on Monday November 16th, the LIRR will be installing new concrete ties from just west of Bellerose Station to just west of New Hyde Park station along our mainline 1 track (the northern most track).
- This work involves several pieces of heavy machinery and will be disruptive to residents in the immediate vicinity. While we have taken all practical remediation efforts and done much of the prep work in the daytime hours, this work must be completed this weekend to take advantage of the preexisting outage to minimize service impacts.
- Due to the deteriorated state of the platform on the north side of the tracks, we need to take the tracks out of service to facilitate demolition. Unfortunately, the only track time available to us is at night.
- The work will likely take place on Tuesday the 17th from 10pm to 5am on the 18th)."
*Work is weather dependent, dates are subject to change to take advantage of favorable conditions.
Source: Nick Fasano, Project Communications